Updated April 1, 2020
To our members and welcomed guests,
We are currently in a time of great caution in our world in regard to COVID-19 (more commonly called the novel coronavirus). As your evangelists and leadership group we would like to share these thoughts with you so that we can all make well-informed choices moving forward.
We are a body of believers who trust in God as Savior and King. That said, viral disease is a fact of biological existence and a part of creation. Though this particular strain of virus is new and presents unknown challenges, our faith in God allows us to remain free from panic and fear. Psalm 46:1 says, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear…” No matter how difficult things may get, God remains our refuge and strength.
We encourage every member to pray vigorously. Pray for the families of those who have lost loved ones, for those who are currently sickened by this virus, as well as for those who are tasked at this time to make decisions as governing bodies for the well-being of those they serve. And pray for the church—for our light to shine in a time of great confusion, misinformation, too little information, or information overload. “The prayers of a righteous person are powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
Faith and prayer must be accompanied by some sanctified common sense. For now, we will be putting some new practices into place to help us continue to be able to worship in spirit and truth while also being wise and conscious of the threat of this illness around us.
- We are not meeting in person for the foreseeable future.
- To continue community in this season of pandemic we will be using several different forms of technology.
- Sunday mornings we will post our service on our Home page. It still feels like a focused time of worship with our family.
- We encourage everyone to sign up for on-line giving.
- Please let us know if you have any prayer requests, needs, or desire to help. Use the contact forms below.